Product Owner - Asia's eCommerce Travel Leader --TH-BangkokRole open to local or international talent. My client will provide visa sponsorship and relocation assistance if required.
* 5 years experience within a Product role for a large e-commerce, Travel, OTA or Hotels organisation
* Proven ability to use analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
* Experience with emerging data-mining technology
* Experience working in a dynamic and fast-growing environment
* Experience and real passion for web design, functionality and testing
* Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply creative solutions to make organisational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
* Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a constantly evolving business
* Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
* MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
Reporting directly to the Chief product Officer, you will be responsible for the defining the overall strategy and goals for my client's primary product - the website. You will craft and maintain a product road-map and will be responsible for communication with all partners (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that the site continues to perform at the highest possible level and that it serves the needs of the customer and the departments responsible for sending customers to it.
You will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. You will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product road-map as needed. You understand every detail of their product from design to functionality to usability. You will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well - conversion, repeat rates, site performance metrics, bounce rates, etc.Responsibilities:
* Setting strategic direction of the site based on customer needs and business goals
* Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
* Working with graphic designers to build and maintain consistent, branded look and feel
* Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site
* Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
* Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
* Defining critical metrics for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
* Evaluating risks and trade-offs associated with each course of action
* Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
This American dot com, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global hotel / accommodation network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that unusually combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Please note my client welcomes applications from overseas applicants and will provide visa sponsorship and relocation assistance.
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.