Product Owner - SEO - global eCommerce Travel leader -- Bangkok
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package but full relocation and visa sponsorship.
Do you geek out on schema markup and meta data? Does seeing a failed canonical implementation make your skin crawl? Are you obsessive about using data to determine what moves the SEO needle? Then you might be the rock star we've been searching for to join our client's growing SEO team!
This is an amazing opportunity to work on the cutting edge of technology, in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry. And perhaps best of all, you'd get to live in one of the world's most beautiful countries, top-rated by expats from around the globe. Kick-start your life with this opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest and fastest growing online travel agents and is now established among the premier ecommerce companies Asia. Coming from over 60 countries, their 2,000+ person team is energetic and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Despite their size, they feel like a start-up. Their product owners interact with C-Level executives all day, every day and are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy.
What's so great about this SEO gig?
* Your focus is on ranking optimisation. Leverage data, run tests, learn and evolve your SEO skill-set to discover what works in our incredibly competitive industry.
* This company operates at massive scale! Over 120 million SEO-optimised landing pages in 50 different languages. There's a lot of work to do.
* You decide the road-map. There's virtually no red tape to get it approved. Have a crazy idea that you think will move the dial? Start your team of software engineers working on it tomorrow. This is a very fast-moving and entrepreneurial place.
* Our client attracts top talent from brands like Google, Microsoft and Amazon, which means you're working with and learning from the best. Need expert Designers? Sure thing. How about Data Scientists to solve a very hard problem? They've got you covered. Do you have an appetite for machine learning? Go grab lunch with their ML team.
* Lastly, you get to live and work in Bangkok, Thailand. Not only is it a vibrant, beautiful country, but it's the perfect travel hub to explore all of Asia. It's time to see the world!
So what's it like to work there?
In three hyphened words: fast-paced, data-driven, and extremely-rewarding.
The product team is the company's engine for innovation. A product owner is the CEO of their product, operating with considerable autonomy. They are responsible for defining and executing on a vision for products, as well as communicating that vision to senior management. They see ideas come to life, iterate on success and learn from failures.
Product owners can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer. And, you get to live in Thailand!
Our client covers expenses related to getting a work permit, visa and relocating you, your family and belongings to Bangkok. They make it easy for you to start a new chapter in life.
* Develop a road-map and lead your team of software engineers, making your vision come to life. Relentlessly prioritise innovations to achieve ranking KPIs
* Communicate your vision extensively with stakeholders across the organisation, particularly in the marketing department
* Closely manage a sprint team of engineers to execute on the road-map. Write detailed user stories in consultation with the content team, UX specialists, designers, and analysts
* Act quickly on trends and opportunities by staying up-to-date on SEO in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
Qualifications and experience:
* Enterprise SEO experience, preferably at a large-scale ecommerce or travel company
* Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
* Passion for rapidly designing and building projects, then A/B testing their success with users and bots
* Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
* Ability to motivate and inspire engineering teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
* MBA in business, advanced math or engineering degree
* Experience with emerging data-mining technology, machine learning or data science
* Able to write complex SQL queries
* Programming skills a plus
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.