Kindergarten / Preschool Educator (m/f)
To support our Early Learning Center (ELC) team, we are currently looking for full-time Educator.
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1040 students from 55 countries attend our school and are taught using the best international and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating into an internationally recognized diploma. An international team of more than 220 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
The exciting challenges
- As an English-speaking early childhood educator you actively support the children as they develop their independent personalities.
- You provide age-appropriate educational activities and opportunities in accordance with the Berlin educational program (Berliner Bildungsprogramm BBP) and the IB “Primary Years Program”.
- You encourage the children's curiosity and creativity, nurture social and emotional skills and support their needs for physical education.
- You impart social values and norms, train motor skills, awareness of the body, and promote mental abilities.
- You are responsible for independently supervising and furthering the skills of children ages three and up until their entry into Primary School.
- In order to qualify for the position you must hold a German state-recognized certificate as an educator (Erzieher) or a degree in the field of social pedagogy (Sozialarbeiter or Sozialpädagoge).
- In terms of personality, we are looking for dedicated, team-oriented people who stand out thanks to their confidence, open-mindedness and tolerance.
- You have a kind and caring manner with children, are always willing to listen and can handle the children’s greatly varying needs with attention to detail.
- You promote a positive dialogue with parents and ensure to work closely with them.
- In addition to your organizational talent and communication skills, you must possess English native speaker language skills and very good German language skills.
- Ideally, you have experience as an educator in a German Kindergarten, Preschool or school.
We offer a modern, inspiring work environment with international, dynamic employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin. Our cooperation and the sense of togetherness are distinguished by a special team spirit and respectful and harmonious interaction. Our open-door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and collegial case counselling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration. Continuous personal development through “Professional Development Days” and training for e.g. “Restorative Practice” and language. A diverse program of art, literature, theatre, music, science, sports and creative work.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Attn: Eva Steinmetzer-Shaw, ELC Principal.
Learn more about us: www.metropolitanschool.com
Get to know your future team!
Keywords: Kindergarten, Kids, Preschool, childreen, Erzieher, Kindererziehung, Kindergärtner, Kindergärtnerin, Erzieherin, Kita, Berlin, childhood educator